Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAP and MS Excel connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketowns

MIS
Nov 28, 2001
GB
Hi,

Has anybody connect MS Excel to SAP. I can read tables but not handle input to screens, any information would be useful.

Mike

There are multiple ways:

Design a form in MS Excel. Use the input fields of the named cells form (Insert ® Names® ...). You can define bindings for these cells when you are working with the SAPforms Designer.
Use the Control toolbox (View ® Toolbars) to insert the Submit control. Choose More Controls in the SAPforms Submit Control list displayed.
Choose the Properties entry in the context menu of the control (right mouse click). The Properties dialog box appears. Choose the Custom property. The Properties dialog box appears. Choose the Define option on the General tab page. The SAPforms Designer is then displayed.
Edit and generate the form.
Exit the SAPforms Designer.
Cancel the block for the named cells (Format ® Cells... ® Protection tab) and protect the worksheet (Tools ® Protection ® Protect Sheet...).
You can now use the form. You can also maintain the document properties with File ® Properties. These properties are also recorded by the SAPforms Designer and can be edited. This means that the form can be used to transfer background data, for example.

Try :

Ramesh
The Human Search Engine
rameshb@vsnl.com

Thanks Ramesh for your prompt response

I think the details you have given me are when we create screens in SAP, I am looking to supply data to existing screens, ie load a customer, place orders etc...

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Mike

CATTs can be used to load data into SAP screens .Eg for creation of customers or load orders etc.

You will have to create CATT/s and export the parameters to a Text file and use Excel to open the file.You then add the new values for loading it back to SAP.

My suggestion would be to look at using LSMW. LSMW is an easy tool that I have much more effective than CATTs. The transaction code is LSMW. You might not have it installed, but it can easily be added for free.

Steve

Thanks Steve, can you give me more info on this transaction, I have the full SAP installation and load may extra's but I cannot find this.

Regards Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back