Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SANtricity Storage Manager Software not com patible with firmware on c 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon82

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
MY
Hi,

When I was trying to connect to my StorageTek D220 via the SANtricity Storage Manager Client installed on my laptop, I encountered the following error:

"The SANtricity Storage Manager software (version 08.40.G2.01) you are attempting to use is not compatible with the firmware on the controllers in Disk Subsystem STMuar D220".

From the message box, I also saw the following details:

"Controller firmware version: 05.34.00.00"
"Controller appware version: 05.34.00.00"
"Device API version required: devmgr.v0834api00.Manager"

Is the firmware listed the latest firmware for D220 controllers? Should I upgrade it? What is the approproate action should I take? Your advice will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day ;-)

Your sincerely,
Goh SB

The firmware on your D220 is the latest code. You are required to use SANTricity 8.41.

Actually the latest version is 5.34.04.00, and it's available for download at the CRC website. This version of Santricity should work with your firmware release, as it's compatible with almost all firmwares since 4.01.xx.xx.
If your're using Windows XP, it's not supported yet, so try using 2000.
Also, if you're using Win2k3, there's a new version of Santricity tah has support. Sorry, but i don't have the exact release, but is a 8.40.G2.xx
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back