Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sangoma Vega 60G Avaya IP Office 500 Ver 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazygordon

Technical User
Oct 28, 2018
US
Hi everyone,

I am an end user and weekend warrior. I currently have an IP Office 500 version 9 without SIP option. In order to upgrade to SIP I was thinking of using a Sangoma Vega 60G with 8 analog ports. I will only use 5 lines. Is this item easy to implement and use? I don't think I will use all that VOIP offers but it would be cheapest route to get a phone line. Second and more expensive option would be to upgrade to IP Office 10 with a SIP option.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Never implemented the Sangoma but have done some other ATA's and the only problem you may run into is the disconnect clear when the incoming caller hangs up while being in the auto attendant or a mailbox.

Otherwise they are all more or less the same. I would look what your SIP provider supports and may have a config or instructions for on their website. That way you don't have to play around with it and get into SIP madness with the provider and the manufacturer's support.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

The upgrade on the IPO will depend on your configuration but may not be too different from a new Vega and you'd get the new R11 features.

On the IPO SIP trunks are licenced by concurrent calls so you may not need all 5.

Probably easier to run the SIP trunks on the IPO rather than having a separate box.

OK I will look into this. Any ideas what new features on R11? Thank you.

from 9.0 to 11.0 (I still avoid 11.1 on simple IP500V2's) better SIP programming, you see when an internal extension is on the phone a message "On another call"
other than that not much to write home about for the IP500. Most features have been added to the server editions

OK I know new softphone, better web manager ... but really not much difference

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back