Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sandboxer is drining me up the wall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohjekim

Technical User
Apr 8, 2001
US
Does anyone know of an uninstaller for this that works?
I read the manual uninstall instructions somewhere and it is unbelievably complicated.

Spybot will not eliminate it and I can't get rid of it.

It just keeps reinstalling itself and it keeps opening my download accelerator and trying to download stuff even when I am not online.

If I had the technical knowledge to destroy these people’s servers some how I would do it.

Isn't there some way to go after these creeps through some government agency or something? These people should be in jail!!!

Nohj

As a general first wack at the problem: faq608-4650
See also: thread760-973197

ur uninstaller works when the add/remove programs will not work. I think you can download a shareware version that will work a couple of times before you have to buy it

A last ditch solution is the reformat and reinstall XP option, making sure you update to SP2 and generally improve your security too.

Try "gpalmer711's" link for the manual uninstall, you may have better luck with it if you try it from Safe Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back