Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

San Boot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djessi

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2006
CM
Hi,
I would like to know if coupling IBM Blade Center HS21 with EMC Clariion C700 allows SAN Boot option. Is there any precaution to take. Thanks
Djessi

Djess-

Yes you can accomplish this. At least you will be able to have the iSCSI HBA see the iSCSI lun. I can assist you with this. I am using the IBM Bladecenter H with HS21 to SAN boot to a Celerra NS502 with a Clarion Backend.

The problem I am runnng into is the Bladcenter Chassis does not have a Floppy Drive, so when I install Win2K3 and hit F6 to preload some drivers for the iSCSI HBA, there isn't a floppy present. I even went as far as purchasing a External USB 3.5 Floppy, but it doesn't recognize it as a flopyy pre-OS installation.

Frank

Thanks for your answer,
Interesting to know that there is a problem of floppy when
I am still working on the architecture. I 'll apreciate more information on the machines.
Cordialy
Djessi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back