Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung Tablet 1

RobertLH

Technical User
Apr 10, 2020
FR
Is there any way to run sidekick on a Samsung tablet?

If your tablet is using Windows, Sidekick98 should install.
Have a look at the FAQs.

Hi
As far as I can see, the Samsung tablets are Android, not Windows, and Sidekick needs Windows

You are quite correct. To run a Windows program on Android you need to load a Windows emulator. I have tried Winlator but it did not run Sidekick.exe for me. There are others but most seem to concentrate. on 64 bit programs. Exagear is rated the best for 32 bit programs but is apparently now discontinued and won't load on my newer version of Android. It seems Sidekick is now confined to PCs, but the good news is that it does run, albeit with occasional hang-ups on opening, on Windows 11.

Dear All
As RobertLH has mentioned, it does run on Windows11, if correctly installed on the root of the drive and started from a shortcut created on the desktop which is adjusted in its properties to run in compatibility mode XP service pack 2 or 3.
The occasional hangups on loading Sidekick98 are usually because a program like Chrome is running at the time and has not been closed just for Sidekick98 to open. Once Sidekick is opened those programs can then be reopened without affecting Sidekick.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of any Forum you are in for answers to similar queries, it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back