Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung SP0612N 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

baetings

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2005
IE
Rebuilding after OS (Win2000) crash, cannot seem to access my 2nd drive - Samsung SP0612N.
Booting shows presence + Device Manager shows it to be there and reports 'device working OK' - but doesn't appear in My Computer.
Have tried 2 x other drives and they're OK.
Have tried var jumper settings with no result.

Any pointers much appreciated.

B

Are the boot HD and the Samsung HD both using the same file system?

Can you see the drive in disk management? If so you could format it there.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Hi Ski and Garebo,

Mni tnx for your responses.
File system on both drives is NTFS.
Since orig post, have also tried putting the drive on the 2nd IDE cable, on its own. Again, the Device Manager sees it and reports it to be 'operating properly' - but it doesn't show in My Computer.

TIA
B

Does it show in disk management?

Garebo,

Your a star!
Finally got in to Disk Management - Disk 1 was identified but greyed out; right clicked on it and 'Imported' it .... everything now ticketyboo and have access to the data I thought I had lost.

Many many thanks - saved a lot of potential heartache!

Kind regards
Baetings

Great, i took a chance saying it twice, but it was important you check it out. Glad you got it going and got your data!!
Should i point out that you can give someone a star by clicking on the thank so and so for this valuable post?
See where the purple star is.

Yep - done
Well deserved
Tnx again
B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back