Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung OfficeServ VM and AA Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwaysared

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I have just installed a Samsung OfficeServ 7200 which I have programmed and got working fine except for the voice mail and auto attendant which is using the SVMi-20E module. I have logged into the SVMi-20E and set the AA menu up so that 1 goes to Ext201, 2 goes to Ext204 and 3 goes to Ext202. I can dial into the system and the my recorded greeting (1001) comes on and rings the correct extension. So what's the problem I hear you asking, well at the end of my message the Samsung "lady" starts to tell me "If you know your party's extension please dial it now or for a directory dial 9" and I don't want this to happen! Also when I press 1 she tells me to hold while I connect you to extension 201 (same with 2 and 3 except the extension number is 204 and 204))So how can I delete it or turn it off, I've searched this forum and Google but not found the answer yet, so can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Del

On the Day Main Menu, after prompt 1001, there are another few prompts listed below, you delete these by highlighting them and doing a CTRL Y. Also Samsung recommend not recording over propmts 1001 - 1004, start at 1005 (or any other prompt number in the 1000 or 2000 range)and alter the menu to suit. You can also go into the standard eclass block, turn all the entries on the first page to N yhat are set to Y, and on page 2 remove the top block of prompt numbers by doing CTRL Y again.

I have already recorded over 1001 because I thought that by defaulting the SMVi and the OS7200 they would come back but they haven't! So is there a way to get this prompt back to the original Samsung one? I've sorted out the other stuff by doing what you said.

Regards,
Del

As far as I'm aware, you would either have to get a copy of the prompts and upload them again, or as a last resort, re-initialise the SVMI back to the stoneage, and they should re-appear.

Hi CatOnKeyboard,

I have sorted most of it out except when I call in and choose any option eg. press 1 for sales it rings the correct extension but if I hang up before it is either answered or goes to voice mail the extension will continue ringing for 3 rings and the line light stays on for 90 seconds after the last ring, during this time you can't make or receive calls on that line. Any ideas?

Regards,
Del

OK, I set the line to go to ext 201 therefore bypassing the AA and it hangs up immediately so I believe the problem is in the SVMi-20E settings. I watched the port activity when I called in and it appears to be going to voice mail after I hang up. So the line stays busy.

activity_log.jpg

Regards,
Del

Same thing happens if the extension doesn't get answered and I leave a message. It seems like it has a set amount of time for the mailbox to run. I have looked in the mailbox settings in the menu block but I can't see what might be causing it. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Del

Are they analogue lines? SVMI/AA don't like them (especially 7030's) if you get the disconnect clear timer (or guard release timer) settings at the exchange set to 800ms it normally helps.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, I'll try to get BT to change the disconnect clear time to 800ms. If not maybe I'll have to consider ISDN2e lines.

Regards,
Del

If the Extension that SVMi is calling has not created a primary greeting you will get the Samsung message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back