Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sample of an 820?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscouser3

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
I have seen all the standards and specifications of an EDI 820 Payment Advice/Remittance but was curious if anyone know where I can see an example of this layout once it is translated? Our company is thinking about putting an EDI in place but would like to show an output to get a better feel for this. Thanks.

Are you looking for an 820 as a data file? After you translate, it can be anything, that is what a good translation program does. The output should match whatever application format you need.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Yes, do you know where I can view such a data file? I would like to see the result of how the translator puts the information together.

Also, is the Element separator always defined as an asterik (*)? Can you send an 820 to multiple payees in one document?

Excellent. Thank you for your help, BocaBurger

One doc to one payee. For security reasons. Multiple 820s in one transmission are possible.

If you deal with IBM. they have a number of Redbooks that cover EDI.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back