Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sample Code To Read SAP Table From VB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gannysabinojr

Programmer
Aug 10, 2006
QA
My current approach to read SAP table is to download the table into a text file.
I have seen thru some posting on how to login to SAP using the SAP BAPI control but don't know how to go about in reading SAP tables.
Would appreciate very much if somebody could post or send me a sample code to read SAP table from VB.

sabinojr@qp.com.qa

ive done vb.net app's that make BAPI calls to SAP. There are some standard BAPI's in SAP to read tables like customer master, material master and sales orders.

If you do a search on SAP for .net connector you will find there is a SAP.net connector for VB2003.

Note: this is version 2.0 this doesnt work with VB.net 2005 you need to have VB2003 to run this. You can convert then to a VB2005 proxy. there are details on the site.

Again, it can be done and is pretty cool for making calls into SAP tables

let me know how you get on

cheers

bbrendan,
Thank you for your valuable reply. I tried to register in SAP Service Marketplace to get SAP .Net Connector but all I got is an error message saying there is no valid email domain registered for our SAP's customer number.

Again thanks...

ok,

if you dont have an SAP OSS signon, you cannot get to the SAP connector.

there are alternative products on the market. ive used on from these guys.
its costs a little but its pretty good and does work with vb2005. It also has some neat tools for creating idocs

hth
brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back