Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

same unwanted email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 23, 2006
US
I keep getting about 10 email messages per day from OTC Financial network. The sender is always a different email address. The last one was from zucchinisspitefulness@abcguides.com

There is no unsubscribe option and Outlook does not pick this up as junk mail as the sender is always different. Does anybody have any suggestions how to block emails from this source or report them to any authorities?

Yeah I've gotten about 1000 or so in the last couple days. Depending on how you get your email, I just simply added OTC Financial Network to my antispam blocklist.
Outlook itself doesn't have any control to filter out certain things. However you can create a rule that will deal with it. It's not a cery great way to do it because those rules tend to flake out when they have a large load, so I wouldn't rely on them for spam control.
Clcik Tools | Rules and Alerts | New Rule | Start From a blank Rule | Click next | Select "with specific words in teh message header" | in teh bottom window click the link down there "specific words" and it opens a new box | Type in OTC Financial Network and click add | click ok | back in teh rules wizard window click next | From here you can do whatever, but best case may be to just choose "delete it" | click finish | click ok |
From there all of those messages should be automatically moved to the deleted folder when they are downloaded.
I would definately ask your email provider what they have as far as spam flters and options.

Good luck
Tyras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back