Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same reply address to all users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

klesck

Technical User
May 9, 2001
US
Hi all,

I think my problem is kinda simple but I couldn't workaround it... how can I set all my users to have their reply addresses set to the same address (a public folder address for example...) I know i can set it manually on each station from outlook wich would be a real 'problem'...
Can it be done autmoatically??? how???

Why would you want to?

Like a generic sales address? In that case give the send on behalf of right to all staff. Then they get their own AND the generic one.

my problem is exactly this... they already have it... but we want to make all comunications by mail in the company public to avoid people from losing information... as our work here depends on it... everybody needs to know everything... and they can have their own personal webmail... anyone has an idea???

{}'s

Klesck

If your company doesn't mind its staff sending anonymous email (email that you can't find out who it came from) then you can get all your staff to send as enquiries@abc.com so that replies go to the enquiries mailbox. To do this set Exchange to show the permissions tab for mailboxes (Tools-options-permissions and check the 'Show permissions page for all objects' option. You can then give all your staff user (owner) rights to that mailbox (probably best to use an NT group for this.) The staff then put the enquiries mailbox in the 'From' field when writing the email.
I have only tried this on a limited scale because our Security Officer didn't like the idea of anonymous email.

Hope this helps

Richard

Why not try a DL and give it an e-mail address. (Sales@company.com)

Fatz

I think I wasn't clear enough... sorry...

I have a public folder wich has the company's main address... I wanted to have everybody sending e-mail normally but I wanted the reply for their messages to go to this folder instead of going to their mailboxes... can it be done from exchnage??? I know I can chage the reply address from outlook... but I wanted it to be for everyone... so it would be easier, if possible to do it from exchange...

You can give an e-mail add to a public folder as well. Properties under EXADMIN

Fatz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back