Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same number, but different destination??

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustD2

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2012
CA
I have a customer with a special need.

They have an Mxe Server (1500 ip phones) located in 4 different building.
They ask me to program a single number for emergency (5555) and they want this number to ring a key on a phone (security) only in the building where the call was initiated.

Since all the phone are in the same MxeServer, do you have an idea how I can do this?

Upgrade to 6.0.
You can than use Location based dialing.

Or use a speedcall that is not shared.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I cannot use a different speedcall since all the phone are registered in the same 3300.

Ip trunk to itself ,
differnt COR for each building ,
Add digits dialled of the number 5555 - send to list
ARS list with Routes for each site limited to specific COR
Routes could strip number dialled and add different number

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I have seen reference of IP Loopback trunk groups on the forums and even in the help file there is an example.
I have seen no mention of whether it is supported or works on Standalone MCD, do you need Enterprise for this to work?

Sorry, I did not read this properly the first time. I thought there were separate controllers.

Loopback trunks sounds feasible to me. If IP networking is not avail you could consider analog trunk loopback.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I will probably upgrade ton rls 6.0. Location Base Routing is exactly what I need.

Interconnect restrictions and intercept handling will do it too if you are not already using either for something else

Give phones in each building a different intercept handling number
Make All phones interconnect restricted from dialing 5555
Set intercept handling on interconect restricted calls to the security phone for each building

Don't think location based routing will work. Its intent is for a cluster when you hotdesk to another locations then your 911 calls go out the local controller and not your primary controller. If I read this right you have a single controller supporting all the phones. Try lowradiations solution.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back