Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same code - error on one site, but not another 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XgrinderX

Programmer
Mar 27, 2001
US
Hey folks,

I have a weird thing going on with some code for a friend. His blog site generates an error in the JavaScript, but its not an error that causes the page to not load. It just gives the "Done, but with errors on page" message in the status bar. When you double click the error icon, it says:

Line: 3
Char: 6
Error: Function expected
Code: 0
URL:
You can go have a look for yourself.

Here's the weird part, when I do a View Source and copy all the code to a test page on my site and then run it, I get no errors. You can see this here:

I know his default page is a .html file but I did not thinkg it should matter so I did a test and even as default.asp the page on his site still causes the same error.

Anyone have any ideas on this one??

-Greg

O.K..

the same happened to me... the error maynot be in ur code... did u write the full code for the page?

i am still searching for the error... :(

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Hi, had a look at the site. I don't know have you have perhaps fixed it, but I get no error - What Browser and version are you using?

vilaishima,

It's not an error that you would even see unless you have IE set to display all scripting errors. I am using IE version 6. When you go to after the page loads you will see the following message in the status line at the bottom:

Done, but with errors on the page.

If you double click that message, you'll see the error message that is given. Thanks for your interest, hopefuly someone will be able to help me resolve this issue.

-Greg

i think the problem is using a js include where the src is not valid javascript:

<script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;BlogArchive.html&quot;>

BlogArchive.html does not contain valid javascript.

=========================================================
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); }
-jeff

Jeff,

I think that was it! THANKS! I don't know if I would have EVER found that. The error message that was given didn't point anywhere near that line in the code.

Thanks a lot!

-Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back