Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samba Printing From 2000/XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakus

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
Hello,
I have been slamming my head against a wall this last week trying to get print sharing working from Samba. My eventual goal would be to use winbind and the print$ share to make everything as seemless as possible but for now I am just trying to do the basics and I am having trouble.

I have set up the printers share to allow guest access. I can see the printers fine. I can install the printer. I can see jobs printed from Linux. But if I try to print from windows I get "Test Page Failed... Unable to Create Print Job" This web site is awesome and I use it all the time for everything so I thought I would throw this one out there.

Here is a copy of my smb.conf created from SWAT

- Sorry about the long post. One more thing though, I have set 1777 permissions on lpd and samba.

# Global parameters
[global]
netbios name = TSLINUXPRINT01
security = SHARE
preferred master = No
local master = No
domain master = No
read only = No
guest ok = Yes
printing = lprng

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No

Hello,

i think your Problem is here:

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No

must be:
path = /var/spool/samba

I guess I don't know what you mean...

What should the correct path be?

I am so stupid. I had to stare and stare at your post before I figure out what you meant. That worked, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back