Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samba 3.0 and Kerberos support {krb5-1.3-alpha2.tar}

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlinux

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
US
Samba fails to compile well, really if fails to link.

I trying to compile this on a freshly built SuSE 8.2
machine... This is very easy to reproduce... Download
the latest samba 3.0 alpha and krb5-1.3alpha2.tar.qz
for MIT.
Below is the error:

Linking bin/smbd
/usr/local/lib/libkrb5.a(cc_file.o)(.text+0x1d90): In function `krb5_fcc_generate_new':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/krb5/ccache/cc_file.c:2063: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(accept_sec_context.o)(.text+0x6f): In function `rd_and_store_for_creds':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/accept_sec_context.c:121: undefined reference to `krb5_rd_cred'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(accept_sec_context.o)(.text+0xb0):/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/accept_sec_context.c:125: undefined reference to `krb5_rd_cred'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(accept_sec_context.o)(.text+0x6ff): In function `krb5_gss_accept_sec_context':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/accept_sec_context.c:866: undefined reference to `krb5_mk_error'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)(.text+0x102): In function `kg_get_context':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/gssapi_krb5.c:185: undefined reference to `krb5_ser_context_init'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)(.text+0x11b):/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/gssapi_krb5.c:187: undefined reference to `krb5_ser_auth_context_init'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)(.text+0x130):/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/gssapi_krb5.c:189: undefined reference to `krb5_ser_ccache_init'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)(.text+0x145):/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/gssapi_krb5.c:191: undefined reference to `krb5_ser_rcache_init'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)(.text+0x170):/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/gssapi_krb5.c:195: undefined reference to `krb5_ser_auth_context_init'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(import_name.o)(.text+0x1eb): In function `krb5_gss_import_name':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/import_name.c:93: undefined reference to `krb5_sname_to_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(init_sec_context.o)(.text+0x242): In function `make_gss_checksum':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/init_sec_context.c:169: undefined reference to `krb5_fwd_tgt_creds'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(init_sec_context.o)(.text+0x93d): In function `krb5_gss_init_sec_context':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/init_sec_context.c:833: undefined reference to `krb5_free_cksumtypes'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(util_crypt.o)(.text+0x28b): In function `kg_arcfour_docrypt':
/usr/src/extras/krb5-1.3-alpha2/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/util_crypt.c:202: undefined reference to `krb5int_accessor'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1
linuxsvr:/usr/src/extras/samba-3.0alpha23/source #
-----------------------------------------------------------

Any information would be great!

Thanks in advance...

Tim...
tcadmin@attbi.com

Seems like the configure script forgot to use the right libraries, or more specifically, the Kerberos 5 library, when it was looking through your system.
Do you want to have Kerberos 5 support?
Do you have the Kerberos 5 library installed?
Have you tried editing the [tt]Makefile[/tt] in the appropriate directory and add the library yourself?

//Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply... I have not done anything as I was
unable to determine what the actual cause... I am not a programmer by practice... so the error is foriegn to me.
How do I fix the makefile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back