Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SalesforceCTI.exe click to dial ignoring extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbers404

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
Good afternoon,

Hopefully this is a simple one!

IP Office 8.1.94.

Setup a few users to use Avaya IP Office plugin for Salesforce.com (SalesforceCTI.exe) for click-to-dial functionality.

Problem is with phone number fields that contain an extension (i.e. (800) 555-1212 x1999). I would like to be able to ignore the extension and just dial the base number, but can't seem to find a way to format the number so that the soft phone can dial it. When I click to dial a number with an extension, I receive a "The number you have dialed has not been recognized" prompt. I have tried adding ",,,," between the base and extension, to try and get it to pause before sending the extension numbers, but that didn't work.

Is there a simple way in which this can be done?

Thanks!

Gerbers404

Does anyone have any ideas? I've spent about 3 hours looking for a solution, and haven't yet been able to come up with anything.

Thanks!

Gerbers404

Just reaching out to see if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thanks!

Gerbers404

We have no idea apparently :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back