Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sales Transactions -> cash recpts transaction problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
One of my users was entering a cash reciept in Sales transaction and her computer hanged. When i try to access the transaction she was entering, it says "You cannot display this record while another user is editing it"

I checked the Dex_lock tables and other relevant tables but can't find where and how this transaction is locked/stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Learn everything but implement only what is needed.

Do you have access to the Customer source and TK#23743. Or have you already tried it? That always seems to work for me.

I didn't understand what you meant by TK#23743 as well as customer source

Have you seen this fix?
do not delete all users out of SY00800, ACTIVITY, just the one that hung.

Make a backup of your data
Stop and start the SQL Services
Within Query Analyzer, execute these statements against the DYNAMICS database to delete all records in the specified tables:
delete SY00800
delete SY00801
delete ACTIVITY
Within Query Analyzer, execute these statements against the TEMPDB database to delete all records in the specified tables:
delete DEX_LOCK
delete DEX_SESSION

Yes, I have seen and tried this fix. No Luck there. I was looking for something ahead of that. Thanks. Just for my info, if i have a thread # in TT, how do i search that thread here. :)

I guess you would go to "My Threads" located at the top left of the web page.

Try to go to RM10201 then look for the batch with the users name on it. Delete this transaction.

The transaction is not in that table. Still shows that user is editing though in Great Plains.

Have you had the user who got hung launch Great Plains and try it? or is someone else trying it.

If you have access to Great Plains Customer Source; go to Support > KnowledgeBase > Automated Fixes. Use the 'Batches Stuck in Posting' option to clear the batch and make the transaction available again.

Have you rebooted the server after you tried fixing it? Sometimes this work.

:( none of the suggestions work. Do not have access to customer source. Just ran out of subscription. Working on it to get it back again.

Try these two scripts on your tempdb

DELETE TempDB..DEX_LOCK where Session_ID not in (SELECT SQLSESID from DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY)
DELETE TempDB..DEX_SESSION where Session_ID not in (SELECT SQLSESID from DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back