Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAL GW PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Has anyone gone through this upgrade procedure yet? I have a standalone SALGW 2.2 and upgrading this to 2.5 entails ADS. Doesn't look very straight forward.

It's not bad and you're given the option to just upgrade the SALGW component and not use ADS if you have no need for it.

Though, there are a few issues with the old SAL where it was more permissive about certain things - like having IPs with a space at the end if someone copied it wrong from Excel. That will make it not start after you upgrade.

And, it always looks for a GUI to install if you do it from putty, so unless you have access to a console/VNC, you'd have to do the install unattended and fill out the .properties file.

Do the unattended install if you do it over SSH. I do it this way. I've had a few installs upgrade smoothly, and a few that didn't. The ones that didn't typically were setup not-to-the-book from the beginning.

I agree with Randy. The nasty part is even if it wasn't set up right on SAL 2.2, it probably worked, but once you go to ADS 2.5, you'll have to figure out what was done wrong to get it working again.

My guess is it wasn't setup right. The AVAYA tech that was sent to originally install it was here for 2 days and on the phone from start to finish. Then someone else was sent the 3rd day who finished it.

I am having issues with the SAL upgrade as well. We have over 60 sites at CM 6.3.7, most at Service-VM 3.0.0.0.11 with SAL GW at 2.2.0.0.26. The playbook from Avaya says to download this file and use these install instructions. The file is a.zip file, and the instructions for remote install says to mount an .ISO file. (There is no ISO file in the download, even after you unzip it.)

Anyone had success doing this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back