Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sage Line 100 reports wont run on Crystal Reports Server XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrycork

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2002
GB
I am able to sucessfully report from Sage Line 100 using Crystal Reports XI and the standard Sage ODBC driver however when I try these on Crystal Reports Server I am unable to. If I setup the database logon details within the report on the Crystal server I get the following when I try to run the report;

"CrystalReportViewer

Failed to retrieve initial report values. For example, the database information for this report could be incomplete or incorrect. This is a configuration problem. Please contact your system administrator.

ERROR: Failed to retrieve initial report values. For example, the database information for this report could be incomplete or incorrect. This is a configuration problem. Please contact your system administrator."

If I change the databse properties to prompt the user for logon details the user is challenged for logon details however there are never accepted - the user is repeatedly asked to re-enter the credentials.

I know the ODBC is setup correctly on the Crystal server as I am able to run reports locally on the server using a Crystal viewer.

We did go to Business Objects support on this however they told us 'The database is not supported'. It works on Crystal XI Pro so it should work on XI Server. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

Is Sage 100 a file-based database? If so, are the Crystal services running under a specified user ID on the server or are they running under the default local services account? They need to be running under a specified user ID - we use one created just for this purpose where the password never expires - and that user ID must have access to the folder where the database resides.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi Dell,

Yes, Sage is a file based database. I therefore cheched all services in the Central Configuration Manager and found they were all on the default accounts with the exception of the Job Server wich is using an account that has permissions on the folder where the Sage files reside. I therefore changed all other services to use this account however I still get the same proble,

Thanks,

Barry

Is the ODBC set-up on the servere as a SYSTEM DSN, so that it can be used by all users?

Is the SAGE folder on the same server - or is it out on the network somewhere?

Hi MJRBIM,

The ODBC is in the System DSN. The Sage folder is on a different server. I have tried setting up the ODBC driver using a mapped drive to the Sage folder and using the UNC path however I have had no success with either method.

Regards,

Barry

What happens when you open that report with XI Pro on the server and do "Database, Verify Database..."?

If that was not the problem, post the SQL statement of the report (from the Show SQL Query option).

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back