Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sage 2018 look and feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Converse

Programmer
Jun 17, 2007
US
I've got some old VB6 OE1100 customizations I'm porting to 2018, but I can't get the same look and feel on the top of the UI. Is there a trick/library to give it the "modern" look?

Sage 300 Whisperer

This Planet Source Code link shows how to place a control over the caption bar which you can control the appearance of. That's what Sage is doing, as far as I can tell. ( Every once in a while when a Sage window is processing you'll see the 'regular' caption bar appear before Sage draws over it again. It's a bunch of code that makes it look the same as Sage but that's what we get paid for, right?

For others here's a post to getting the modern UI look and feel:

Perfect! Now my programs can be just as fugly as Sage's!

Sage 300 Whisperer

I have upgraded from Sage 300 2014 PU5 to Sage 300 2018 PU1

I can see the Users BUT Security Groups and User Authorization disappeared.

Can i get them back? Coz there are many Users and re-creating them will take days

Where did i go wrong? It's easier to run the upgarde again.

Any Help

You didn't copy the SITE folder, or you need to run a replication from database setup.

Sage 300 Whisperer

Kindly provide more pointers or sample code in VB6 for 'modern look' please. Highly Appreciated!

My old vb6 program normally involves an ocx (e.g. OE1100) and a few additional buttons to put on OCX.

For 2018 PU 1:

Public modernizer As New AccpacContainerObject

In my OnUIAppOpen I call:
modernizer.ModernizeVBForm Me

and, with the exception of the title bar, it looks like 2018 (PU1).

For other versions you can see that the Sage controls have a Load65

There's a longer discussion here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back