Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Safest way for NFuse 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndog4ever

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
US
Im tyring to deploy a NFuse Server thats seperate from my server Farm. What is the safest way to do this, IIS or use an apache webserver. Also can apache web server running NFuse talk to Win2k Advanced Server? Thanks for any help.

My preference is Apache - but IIS with a decent firewall is secure enough.

I wouldn't run the NFuse service on the Web server, however.

If you dont run the NFuse service on the web server, then does it just run on your metaframe farm. Im a little confused because im new to this. So if you run a web server, with out any citrix stuff on it, how do you get it to redirect traffic to your citrix server. Do you have to install any special client redirect software, or do you just open up a port and write a script to forward the traffic to the metaframe? Thanks for the help so far

I don't quite understand what you meen by running an NFuse server seperate from your server Farm, but I'm assuming that you are asking if you can run NFuse on a different server other than your Citrix servers, which of course you can do.

You should deploy NFuse on which ever Web Server you are more familiar with. Administration becomes easier that way. NFuse does not run better on one server better than the other and both IIS and Apache have their share of security issues.

Apache running NFuse "must" be and is able to talk to Win2k Adv Server that is running Citrix MetaFrame. Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

OK thanks, that clears some things up. So which ever webserver I choose, then all i have to do is install the nfuse web ext. I dont have to actually install the citrix metaframe software on my webserver? Would you recommend citrix secure gateway, or just use NFuse with SSL? Thanks for the continued help.

Nathan

I use SSL and set my application encryption to 128-bit. Test the ActiveX installation using wficat.cab and verify that pdc128n.dll is installed. The file is required if Minimum encryption is set to 128-bit. Also, if your Citrix computer is on an internal network make sure you set the altaddr so that the application can be delivered to the web client.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back