Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SA password reset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dikidushi

Technical User
Jan 8, 2009
AW
Hi, i am having problem with sql SA password for sage erp accpac.

SQL error when try to open database. ( property is locked is not available for login) the SA password did not change,
when o try to configure database in ODBC i get error when using the sa account. nothing changed in the sql or sage erp accpac UI sa.

anyhelp please,

regards,

Check your work, you made a simple mistake. sa passwords don't change by themselves.

Sage 300 Whisperer

No did not change the SA passw. can i reset it????

So how can i reset the passw??? i have multiple database. some of them connect with windows authentication, however cannot connect all of the database.

SA passwords can be set to expire, I've run into that a few times.
Best advise is create an SQL user specifically for Sage and set the password to something easy to remember, and make sure it does not expire. That way there is no snafu if IT decides to change the SA password on you.

Sage 300 Certified Consultant

Hi dikidushi,

This may be when MS SQL Server is installed with Windows Authentication only.

Try switching Security to mixed mode ie., both Windows and SQL authentication might resolve the issue.

How to change to mixed mode check the below link

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Krish

You can login your SQL or sql management studio with Windows Authentication, after that go to security, and find sa user, and properties, you can change your password

@gmaji - That will work only IF you have set up AD access when the server was installed. It's not turned on by default.

Sage 300 Whisperer

Like KrishSP Said, when installed the SQL we can chose Windows Authentication only or both, if we choose Both we need create SA password.
but if you forgot the SA password after that you can login the SQL chose Windows Authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back