Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8720 Root password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
GB
Can someone tell me the S8720 root password, you would think they would supply this when you buy the kit

Hi Guy,

It's the dadmin login, ask to your vendor for the password
Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

cheers but we purchased direct from avaya and they are trying to get us to buy support, we dont need support just the password to access the box

what CM version are you running? If you are running 4.0 or higher you can create an admin account with the craft login

Hmm ive done that but everytime i try to initiate a SAT session from the terminal or via ssh it says "Access Denied" thats why i thought i needed higher access. hmm im stuck then

What version of ASA are you running? I got this when I was trying to use an older version of ASA.

im doing it from ssh to 192.11.13.6 via putty port 22 to the active server, also tried on the console and get the same result.

ASA uses port 5022 not 22 for SSH to SAT. Port 22 is used to SSH into the media-server.

i have tried 5022 which gives me a login and password promt, then as soon as i hit enter on the password the window closes, Ive tried the craft, root and my own added username and password which belongs to the susers and prof18 group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back