Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8720 rel 4.0 MAJOR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoester

Technical User
Nov 20, 2005
NL
Hello there to all.
We have discovered a major problem with 2 customers whith a S8720 rel 4.0 config.
If you power down the active server all calls will be dropped,
and return after 1-2 minutes.
Shadowing/duplication is not functioning.
anyone had this problem before???

No problems with interchanging.

I have S8700's running CM4.0. After upgrading did you ever verify shadowing comes up? Did you test the Interchange? If you shutdown and reboot the servers does the shadowing come up? Did you commit both upgrades? Did you check the versions? Did you verify all processes are up? What do the restart causes show?

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

We tested it with tree difrent system setups and of course tested all things. (Hardware and software duplication).

No alarms al running fine then we take out the powercord everything seem good for about 10 seconds and then all Port-networks going to reset.

Also tested it with a S8700 setup and 3.1.2 and no problems the standby takes everything over.

It say something about heartbeat timeout...

Greets Peter

knoester, big70,

talk to avaya tier 4, it's their job to fix their own bugs.

We already made a case and projects are on hold..

Greets Peter

Any news about this case? I've talked with our avaya representative and he asked tier 4 engineers about this problem and answer was that they didn't open any case regarding duplication on S87xx servers.

The case is open for one week now and still no answer from avaya yet!!!!!!

I also spoke to our representative, those people really sucks even they can,t get to contact a person within avaya with some knowledge.

But if you have a large lead then they no to find you.

Greets Peter

If shadowing/duplication are not on and you power off the active server I'm not surprised you have problems, have you got to the bottom of why these are off first?

Were do you read that shadowing is off????

If he can complete an interchange, the sysetm shadowing is functional.

I think the original poster was describing the problem, not the function.

Any updates on this one? We are scheduled to upgrade to S8720/ CM4.0 in about 3 weeks. Feeling a little uneasy at this point.

We did the tests yesterday again and everything went down.
Avaya made logs of it and will go to the developers with it asking what to do??? Maby a new patch??? i dont know just waiting

Nobody else installed S87xx with 4.0 and tested it!!

Greet Peter

Hi big70,
Next week, I will upgrade one S8700 from CM2 to 4.0. This is customer's test platform and I can do everything what I want. So, duplication tests will be first on my list. I hope that this is a bug on S8720 not on S8700 :)

Very good news...

I got a patch from avaya and redundatie works again.

patch_id: 14003
release: cm4-730.5 (mipslx-hot)
date: 2007-0614-0150
creator: sshinde
reason: Incremental Build cm4-730.5 (mipslx-hot)

Greets Peter

uuugh. Is this the future of Avaya? Once upon a time.....this stuff was tested prior to release/GA. Glad it's fixed but wtf??? Is the general population spending big time $$$$$$ only to become the current "lab" and QA test env. fior these new releases?

-CL

I agree with lopes1211...I am about to sign contracts for a CM4.0 upgrade, and you wonder if you should just stay where you are...I really don't have any problems to speak of, and upgrading may make my job more difficult on a daily basis...I really want to take advantage of the new features and functions, and you are not able to do that without the upgrade...Case in point, installed a new CM3.0 system about 1.5 years ago...I was shipped over 30+ DS1 boards for the system...TN464HP's...We got the system up and running and we were having all kinds of problems with errors on the trunks...I thought it was a wiring problem, and researched the problem for weeks before the call center went active...Placed a call into Avaya...Called about the case for several days...No resolution to the problem...My BP was aware of the problem and did some work on it as well...The BP found the problem buried in a PCN that stated the the new HP boards had an electrical incompatibility with the 120A4...Don't you think that they would have know that before they shipped my system???? Wouldn't you think that TSO would have looked at that being a problem??? Is it the BP's responsibility to find the problem and fix it??? Avaya would not replace the circuit packs with a newer version that supported the CPU's...The BP had to jump through hoops with Avaya to get the boards replaced...And I didn't get new boards, I got Refurbs...

Avaya needs to look very hard at what they send out before it goes GA...

gblucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back