Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8710 Processor Duplication Shadowing Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy11

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
SG
I have currently installed a S8710 and everything is fine except the shadowing of the system is down. I have trying using a new cross connect and a new fiber cable. It is still down and it doesn't refresh its standby processor.

In the alarm screen, the system says "Can't open Duplication Card".

All the led on the fiber and Ethernet 2 is lighted as if normal active connectionis there.

Kindly advise on the above issue. Thank you.

First off, the crossover cable has nothing to do with shadowing. Secondly, you mention "all lights are on" with regard to the fiber card. Which server are you referring to? On the Active, all leds except "Receive" should be lit. On the standby all leds should be lit with "Receive" flashing quickly.

So if ALL leds are currently lit on your Active, I would recommend you save translations, force an interchange, then reboot that server. Once back up, check shadowing. If it's ok then interchange again and check shadowing once more. If at anytime after a reboot shadowing still doesn't come up, get Avaya services involved.

Keep in mind that the first interchange would be service affecting, so schedule it for a good time.

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

Hi Jaymaster,

Thanks for you info. Rather useful. I found that my led fiber sync is not there but the rest is on. (server 1 Tx and server rx) Both led for Active link is up but sync led is out. Could it be the fiber module faulty?

You can't be sure of a hardware fault without rebooting, as another possibility could be drivers for the board got screwed somehow. Do you have shell access to the S8710? If so, busy the standby and run the command testdupboard command on it. You can also run the test on the active.

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back