Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

s8700 mib

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard100001

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
I can't seem to find these on support.avaya.com. Does anybody know where the exact location is? I'm attempting to monitor the s8700 via a collection station.

Any help, thoughts or ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Wildcard

Try this link:

If you can't make the link work, here is the step-by-step how to get to them
Go to Avaya.com
click on "Support"
Click on "Products A-Z"
Scroll way down and click on "S8700 Media Server"
And MIBS should be about the fourth one down under "general info"

I hope this helps!

IPSI

Please educate me: What's an mib, and why/where would I use it?

=hang up & drive=

[yinyang]

Basic explanation:

Mibs are used to translate error messages that the PBX sends via SNMP traps. Avaya Visablity uses these. Also HP openview can translate mibs as well. Other monitoring products can also. Once an error is sent to the monitoring server, the server uses the mibs to determine what it is and if it is a critical error, according to what you think is critical and have programmed. You can customize the server to page or give instructions to the on call person. I would use it with our operations center. It's staffed 24x7, so If a critical issue happened at any time I would be notified. The monitoring operator would know who to call and would be able to tell me what is going on and what the exact error is etc...

Thanks,

Wildcard

Has anyone setup the S8700 to use Cisco Works as their monitoring Server? If so , can you give me msome insight on setting it up?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back