Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8700 Back-Up via FTP (how is this done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old31V

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
US
I have been trying for some time now to FTP system translations backup via the S8700 VisAbility™Management Suite and have not been able to do so, (perhaps I am doing something wrong). Would someone please give me some directions on how to do this? I can ping from the server to the machine I'm trying to FTP to but when I attempt ot do so, I get the Backup Status Results below. ANy assistance would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

KG

Backup is finished.

backup: 40: Cannot connect to 127.17.65.27: Connection refused
backup: 40: FTP of backup image to kgriffin at 127.17.65.27 failed -- Backup terminated for xln
backup: 40: FTP of backup image to kgriffin at 127.17.65.27 failed -- Backup terminated for os
backup: 40: FTP of backup image to kgriffin at 127.17.65.27 failed -- Backup terminated for security
Performing ERROR RECOVERY, please wait.....
..... ERROR RECOVERY COMPLETE .....

First, have your tried connecting to the FTP server from a client on your desktop? Make sure that you can access the server with the username and password that you have setup. Make sure that you can are in the directory that you have designated for the backups. Also, make note of the directory that you are connecting to as you will need to place this in the backup settings on the 8700. Remember that an FTP directory will look like 'users/PBX Backup/file' as an example.

Should I attempt to connect to the active server IP at port 5023?

I'm not sure what I'm doing, instructions from a to z would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Looks like from your error log that you are trying to FTP the 8700 file to the 8700. You need to send it to an FTP server.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back