Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8500 LSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevea2Z

Technical User
May 2, 2003
BE
Hey guys, hope anyone can help me out.

I have a primary S8500 server, I've added the node-names IP and the survivable. I have G700 gateways, so no CLAN boards.
On the second S8500, i have configured LSP, with the IP address of the PE of the primary.

On the primary I can see that the LSP is registered, but i'm unable to save translations. Minor alarm, file sync failed. I've called everybody i know, but now i'm really stuck.

Could anyone of you help me out ??

Have you checked your firewall settings to allow the translation to be save ?

Sorry, but should the second s8500 not be an ESS configuration ? Didn't think the s8500 can be configured as an LSP but I may be wrong

S8500 can be used as an LSP. You have to utilize Processor Ethernet.

Steve,

- Make sure the systems are on the same software with the same patches (activated).
- Make sure date & time on the systems are in sync. Double check !
- Re-run the configure server under maintenance on both servers to make sure no firewall rules are wrong.
- Check ethernet interfaces (negociation/speed/duplex) on all servers and switch ports.

Thanks for the responses so far

- S8500 can be a LSP from release 3.1. Both servers are running 3.1.2 with the latest patch.
- Time difference is only 5sec.
- I have installed the LSP back from start, with the same results. registered Y but no translations.
- According to the docs, firewall settings are all fine. Checked them a hundred times.
- Ethernet interfaces are on 100MB full duplex

I'm going to install everything on the LSP once again. the system needs to go life this friday....It's going to be 2 long days

i've got it working. installed everything from scratch, same settings, really everything the same...and it became operational, fully in service and the translations are shared.

thx everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back