Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8500 & Audix DTMF issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Morning all, I've an S8500 in ESS mode at our new coporate location, which uses the Audix at our main location, an S8710. At the 8500 locale, users are having issues logging into their mailboxes, some having to enter the password very slowly to ensure that the dtmf is received correctly. I've heard or read that this is a known issue with an 8500 & Intuity, and perhaps a patch is available? Has anyone experinced this problem and if so, did you find a fix? Thanks In Advnce,
Tony

I've noticed that sometimes that the touch tones sound a little strange, not every time I call the intuity though. One time time the tones were strange and I spoke a few words and the tones cleared up. We have a similiar setup.

The DTMF is most likely being sent across the WAN in a compressed codec. You can change the way the system sends DTMF on page 2 of 'ch system ip-options'.

Set it to this:

Intra-System IP DTMF Transmission Mode: rtp-payload

Thanks for the replies, but I already have it set to rtp-payload. Anywhere else to look?

We had similar problems, ended up being a bad call classifier pack.

CBB, how did you determine it was the call classifier? I've got three installed.

Backed them out one at a time. Ran for a day or so with each one backed out till I found which one it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back