Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8400 Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samanody

Technical User
Nov 26, 2007
SA
i have a big issue on of the my sites, its a S8400 with G650 and suddenly out of nowhere the server crashed completely. i tried to connect to the service port but i'm getting destination host unreachable form 192.11.13.6 and i even tried to reset the BIOS by the shorting method. now my question is if i bought another S8400 without going back to avaya and just removed the SSD Drive and the HDD and put them in the new server, will it work ??? unless someone have another idea !!!

i read somewhere that the serial number of the CPU is written inside the license file. i need a confirmation for this info.

i know some people will ask me to ask for a part replacement from avaya but that's another big story but bottom of the line i can't approach the partner i bought from and i can't approach avaya.

tn8400 is a circuit pack that plugs into a g650. The software on hard disk is Communication manager cm3 or higher. You should have a PCM/CIA flash card in the tn8400 with backups of your system. The system is licensed to the tn8410 SIPI board.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

thanks a lot for your reply, i know that the license is generated based on the SIPI Board. but i read somewhere online that once the license file is added to the system its added with the CPU of the TN8400. so i just wanted to confirm this so i can see if i can buy another S8400.

have u faced this kind of issue before. i mean the crash of the 8400 server ???

You can replace the tn8400 with another tn8400. You will need the CM software CD and flash card backup to do a restore.
The flash card should have current os, security, xln backups and when restored to a replacement server, you will have all program and license data restore to the replacement hardware.

I have done this with many types of servers.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back