Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300 To Modular Messaging via IP Trunk MWI Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

manofdos

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2005
US
I have got an S8300 going to a MM server. I can leave and retrieve messages but the Lamps do not light. I can use lwc to make the lamps light and I can clear the lamps once they are lit. I however, cannot make them light when a message is left. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

on page 2 of the station page do you have qsig-mwi
entered for - MWI Served User Type:

can you go into the MM & display activty to see if the MM is actually sending the PBX the MWI.

Subscriber Activity appears to only show when a message is left and when a message is deleted. I do not see anything that looks like MWI is being sent.

did you try putting the ext number in front on the name in the PBX?

Yes, That was one of my orignal thoughts. Still no waiting lamp though. I did however relize in a log that states bad IP for the MAS server. I'm using the internal 192.168.1.250 and externally it's set to 10.4.0.99 and the MSS is 10.4.0.100. I have the MWI listed on the MSS to use the Internal address on the MAS server. Not sure what to do.

looks lik eit'sm looking to send it to the default IP, try making it the IP of the PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back