Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300: Softconsole SP 1.5.4 (iclarity 4.1.3.54 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichels

Technical User
Aug 1, 2005
US
Hi-

We are trying to rebuild a new softconsole machine.

We are installing the software on a newer machines - forced to move from WinXP to Win7.

We think we have the software working up to logging into the switch, Pos-busy and Set to Normal - with Directory /Ext's, etc.

However - there is an error that we are not sure how to suppress or resolve - here it is:

"Directory Mapping Mismatch
Please contact Administrator to verify Directory Fields Settings
Settings-> MDAccess Settings -> General Tab."

We have checked all settings in MDAccess - all tabs and compared to our existing softconsole machine in production or the working machine.

Does anyone have any clues or hints as to what might be wrong?

Is there a log on the switch or on client - windows machine where we could better troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks for any help.

-P

pichels - have you received any info on your error. I have the same scenario and error box.

Apologies in advance for the thread resurrection, but just in case others are searching for this info.

I've managed to shoehorn Softconsole onto Windows 7 as well, ignoring all the posts that say it is impossible*. I got that error at first, but then in Softconsole Configuration Manager I downloaded the configuration from the server selecting overwrite, deleted the default directory and pointed it to our own and the error went away.

No idea what exactly was the cause, think I was just lucky, though not quite so lucky at sorting out headsets, in particular default playback devices and why selecting speaker as default playback knocked out the USB microphone but that's another story entirely!

Raf.

*Use troubleshoot compatibility on the installer, select needs permissions and works on an older OS, seems to work best if Windows XP (Service Pack 3) is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back