Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

s8300 sip trunk to asterisk voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeropoint46

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2011
US
I have successfully setup a sip trunk to an asterisk server without SES and have gotten voicemail to work. My questions is in regards to MWI. The MWI does work but it goes off after about 20-30 minutes. Currently I'm using a 2420 station but It seems to me when I had a 6408D attached to the system that he MWI would stay lit until I deleted the message. Anybody know of anything I could try. Currently sip-adjunct is enable on the extention and the huntgroup for my coverage path. thanks for the help.

With SIP, you have to figure out if the client station or the client PBX would check the message storage device for messages.

Each device would need to be configured to check the message storage device for the MWI status message.

I have no idea how you would do that on the PBX. Depending on the phone type, if you're using the SIP firmware, it's configurable in the settings files.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back