Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300 (LSP) serial number - where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraPS

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
GB
Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light as to where to get (if it's possible) the serial number of the S8300 (LSP) without looking at the sticker on the card - not the MGP serial number as on the web server, I'm sure it's somewhere in linux but don't know where.

Thanks in advance

ccltd.

ccltd,

if you mean the "golden mgp" serial number that is used for licensing, you can display it running "list conf li" command in lsp's sat.

Hi,

thanks dwalin...but it's the actual S8300 serial number i'm looking for not the media gateway MGP... it's nothing to do with licensing...we have a large client with hundreds of LSP's and they're just doing an audit and want serial numbers.

i was hoping i could find it in linux or asa or the web browser rather than send engineers to all the sites to read the stickers on the front.

regards

ccltd

ccltd,

well, if you need a serial number of the s8300 circuit pack itself then you should look at it directly. since its number is not used anywhere in the system it is not displayed by any command.

Hi,

Thanks for this elkenemy...just one thing though this is fine when you 'show mm' on a G700 i can see the S8300 and serial number in module V1......however if i do the same on a G350 i have UNKNOWN - next to the serial number

any ideas

thanks in advance

ccltd

Had the same issue last week with a g350.
Did a copy run start and then re-booted it and when show mm was repeated it had changed from UNKNOWN to the serial number. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back