Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300/G700 CM5 cannot access via ASA Emulation or GEDI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
Trying to make some simple changes for some users and am unable to access the system.
When logging in via ASA Emulation all I get is a 'bash'linux prompt.

Anyone have any ideas how to get back to SAT?
I get the same thing when I try to access via putty/ssh as well as when I try GEDI

Thanks in advance!

-Todd

Thought I would give an update.
It appears that the problem arose after another tech swapped out a CF card and S8300 when I was on vacation.
The original S8300 call server died (no boot, no lights, nothing) so he took another S8300 from a decommissioned site and put it in the G700.
He also swapped the cf card from the original S8300 to this replacement S8300. The replacement s8300 has a newer release of Comm Manager loaded on it.
I'm not sure what all is changed when the cards are switched like that, but the system booted up, the pones registered and calls were being processed just fine, but I believe we haven't been able to get in to it for administration since.

It's a moot point now though as we are going to be switching the hardware out with another decommissioned system because of unrelated issues.

I appreciate all of the help!

-Todd

What is your CM software version?
If you are using USB connected Addonics AESDD12U2 flash card reader you have s8300C, this will not work for s8300B
Do you have a MultiTech modem connected to one of the s8300 USB ports?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

The original Server had R15 on it but it died.
It was replaced with an S8300 with R14 on it.
The engineer swapped the CF cards that were installed on each of the servers on the board not connected via usb.
The system came up, the phones registered and calls started working. He did not test with ASA to see if he could get in to administration.

The servers have now been removed from the site and are not in production.

-Todd

The hard disk and the 4GB SSD card on the s8300 contain the CM image as well as the server configuration and system data.
When changing out the s8300, if you reimage with CM from CD/DVD with correct software, then do a restore from backups (xln, os, security, audix-tr-name-msg)
it will make the s8300 plug n play. Data from the restore will be copied to SSD and hard disk.

If the original s8300 blew up, it could be possible to use the original s8300 hard disk and 4GB SSD card in a replacement s8300 to get it back up without
doing restore from backups. If you move just the hard disk and not the SSD card, you file system may have some data missing that will cause the issues you
were experiencing.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back