Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300 G450 MOH installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath9465

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
I'm having a interesting problem.. This Wells Fargo with an S8300, stated they had MOH, but it currently isn't working. We found that the installation was direct connected from RCA of OHP 5000 on hold device to the port on the S8300, this is on an MM711 port. Everywhere I look for Avaya MOH, especially the S-Series, it states either a KS-23395-L (3 or 4). There are seemingly some mis-typed instructions in the Avaya manual. It shows you can use the KS-23395-L3, but shows an RJ-45 connection from the PBX side of the KS-23395 to the MM711 port... My onsite technician told me it's an RJ-11 on the output side of the music coupler, not RJ-45. Also, there isn't any music on the center pins of the coupler's output. The Avaya books are questionably accurate, there is no aux card on the S8300, the analog station music installation is the only method. Can anyone tell me specifically from music source to MM711 port what should be connected, and what should I expect with regard to the music traveling through...

Thanks In Advance
John Vobis
Southwest Datacom

You should be able to straight from the music source into the MM711. If the audio sounds poor, you may need to add a WMT1 or some other line matching transformer from Bogen/Viking. You need 600ohm resistance before the MM711 port.

You specify the port in the system programming.

Aux ports don't exist on G4x0 gateways, mainly just the older cabinets.

Ok, I sent the onsite technician back to site, he checked the impedance setting on the OHP 5000 device, it was set to 600 Ohm. I can confirm that I have music coming out the pair leaving the OHP5000, and confirmed on the center pins of the MM711 port. No matter, there is no music coming through the system. We've tried multiple ports on the MM711, that makes no difference either... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Have you busied out the port the MOH is attached to? You might need to see if its even on the right port. Assuming the tech has it on Port 1 try moving it to port 2 change the port in the switch

Try bypassing the KS-23395-L coupler to see if that's the issue.
Hudson22

Hi ,
can I use a mm716 card for MHO with mp3 player?
Thanks
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back