Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300 and Opentext Fax appliance issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlk53

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
I have an s8300 and I am trying to get it to work with an Opentext Faxappliance AT104. My issue is that it sends all fax DID's to th Admin mailbox in the faxappliance. We waited 3 months as they said the problem would be corrected with Feature Pack 2. Made no difference. I have 2 lines configured on the PBX as MVI. Under mode codes there was #03 in the external dialing line. I took out the # but what is being sent to the Fax is still 03##2035. Opentext are telling me that when they see a # the box ignores everything after it and dumps it in the admin box. They have an option to ignore them but it does not work. I have no idea where in the PBX the ## that are after the 03 are coming from.
On the Avaya site, opentext is listed as a partner so it is very hard to believe that they have not run into this before as the s8300 is popular but they say it is new to them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. If you are sure it is # sign creating issue why not just delete it on Avaya trunk? It should be "Suppress # outpulsing - yes" parameter on 3d page of trunk group to remove # if I don't mistake.

I tried that but I still get #03##2035# being sent to the fax appliance.

I tried calling internal to the ext2035 and the Fax Appliance still received #03##2035 so the #'s are not coming from the trunk group.

Do you use aar/ars for routing with a route-pattern pointed to the trunk to Opentext or it is a hunt group in Avaya?

It is a hunt group in Avaya.

You should be able to reconfigure mode-code interface message format. Did you try change mode-code (if no other systems connected with mode codes which may be impacted with a change)?
Just in case may be you find the document below useful as the case is similar: (Look for In-Band integration message sequence for call forward all looks similar to yours...)

Thanks a lot. I checked the doc. and found this:

Verify these dialing sequences on the S8700
• Menu 6.2 - In-Band Integration
• • Maximum time before first digit received: 2000 milliseconds
Dialing sequence to activate message waiting: *4N#
Dialing sequence to deactivate message waiting: #4N#
Retry Message Waiting on Failed Attempt: N
Number of MW retry attempts:
Response time for MW confirmation: 0 milliseconds
Reset Message Waiting on System Boot: Y
• • Digit sequence for Direct Calls: #00#N##
Digit sequence for Forward - All Calls: #03##N#

The last line #03##N# is exactly what I am getting being sent to the fax Appliance. In the mode code for external all I see is #03. Is there a way to change this in the s8300. If there is can someone outline how. Getting closer.

Have you tried changing the mask in the Fax Appliance to ignore the first 5 digits received, ie #03## and the look at what comes next?

Yes I have. I had Opentext on the line for 4 hours. Opentext tell me that as soon as their box sees a # it ignores everything past it. I cannot believe that they have never connected one to an S8300 but they said that this is new to them.

What type of trunks do you have coming into the PBX? Are they ISDN. If so you could look at Uniform Dial Plan changes and use it to route calls to the Fax machine instead of mode code intergration. it is an idea, don't have one so I can't test it.

Jlk53, the command to Set Mode Code parameters:
change system-parameters mode-codes
sorry I forgot.

I have tried changing the mode codes but the setting is #03 for forwarded calls. I can take that all out but the PBX still sends the ## before the extension number as listed in the post above. I am trying to see if there is a way to go into the S8300 and take the ## out. It appears to be in "dialing sequences" but I am not sure how to get there. Anyone?

How does your system mode-code form look like? I suppose it depends on ACM version. Are you sure the call-forward mode is exactly the event which you have, how do you call to your Opentext hunt group? May be you need to modify direct inside access code?
One idea is from absolutely different sphere, just in case be sure that both system are configured in the same companding mode (Mu-law or A-law). It may prevent DTMF to work if mismatched. In Avaya you may check it in change location-parameters X form where X is your actual location.

Both systems are on MU-law. I am sending calls to the Fax Appliance via a coverage path. Coverage path has a hunt group which has the 2 Fax Appliance lines in it. The 2 fax appliance lines are set to VMI. Where would I find the "direct inside access code" ? Thanks

For me system-parameters mode-code appears like below. Dd you try to play with Internal and external Coverage codes?

change system-parameters mode-code
Page 1 of x
MODE CODE RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
MODE CODES (FROM SWITCH TO VMS)
Direct Inside Access:
Direct Dial Access - Trunk:
Internal Coverage:
External Coverage:

Refresh MW Lamp: __
System In Day Service: __
System In Night Service: __
OTHER RELATED PARAMETERS
DTMF Duration On (msec): __ Off (msec): __ Sending Delay (msec):__
VMS Hunt Group Extension : ____
Remote VMS Extensions - First:
Second:

This is what mine looks like. Nothing like yours

MODE CODE RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

MODE CODES (FROM SWITCH TO VMS)
Direct Inside Access: #00
Direct Dial Access - Trunk: #01
Internal Coverage: #02
External Coverage: 03
Refresh MW Lamp: #06
System In Day Service: #11
System In Night Service: #12

OTHER RELATED PARAMETERS
DTMF Duration - On (msec): 100 Off (msec): 100 Sending Delay (msec): 100

VMS Hunt Group Extension:
Remote VMS Extensions - First: Second:

The same table but my is empty. I think ## are hardcoded we can not remove it. Can it be deleted on Opentext side? The mask may be applied for routing pattern:
(this is from Faxapplience administration guide).
- On Fax Applience from the Configuration window, click Fax Lines. enter a masking pattern for all digits where ‘d’ represents a
digit to use and ‘x’ represents a digit that can be ignored. For
example, if your PBX sends 8 digits, your pattern would be
8 digits long (such as ddxxdddd). which for example may represent 03##2035. If you use #03 for external coverage add one more digit in mask DDDXXDDDD.
Is it wotking for you?
By the way why are you talking about external coverage do you call on hunt group number from outside?

Opentext said that they have a bug in their new release that does not recognize # as a digit. They have sent it to development. I still have a hard time believing that noone has Faxappliance working with an S8300. Thanks everyone for all you tips. I guess I will just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back