Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

s.o.s gatekeeper with bcm50 how to configure s.o.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

megapat

Technical User
Jun 13, 2003
CA
Greetings, I would like to know if anyone ever installed a H323 gatekeeper with the BCM50. I configured my IP trunk and I would like to tell my IP sets to use my gatekeeper (Quintum). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards,

Yes, many times, but always with a Nortel Networks NRS product off a CS1000. I don't know if it would be different, but would expect it to be.

Adversity is Opportunity

What is the procedure with the CS1000? I am looking for an option in the BCM50 that allows me to configure my ip phones so they can use the gatekeeper. I configured the gatekeeper in a ip trunk (h323 option) but beyond that im lost and documentation is non-existent for quintum with bcm products.

Thank you!

It's not very difficult on the BCM50 side. We had other techs handle the CS1000 side. They always blamed me first, for 1 way speech or calls not completing and 95% of the time it was a routing entry missed on their side. So, I will be of no help to you.

You just need to make sure you choose Gatekeeper Resolved and precede the Alias name with, NAME: The rest is basic VoIP routing. The advantage is you don't have to build any endpoints, that's all done by the Gatekeeper.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks for the fast answer!

The major problem is that I am using this gatekeeper so any phones dialing 911 will be redirected to the PSTN line on my gatekeeper. I am not an expert on anything gatekeeper-related but I want my Quintum to detect 911 has been dialed and redirect it to the FXO on the very same machine (the gatekeeper).

The phones don't register to the gatekeeper, the system does. The phones register to the system, and therefore when they dial 911, they will use the system resources.

What exactly are you hoping to achieve with this gatekeeper?

We want certain phones (those located at site B) to dial out on the PSTN (analog lines) of the gatekeeper when they dial 911 so the 911 calls come out of Site B and not from Site A (Where the BCM is located)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back