Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S/O Daily Sales G/L out of balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acass

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
US
When I closed last night my G/L was out of balance on my S/O. Upon further investigation, one of the invoices shows the line item but did not calculate in the final invoice amount. So the A/R is off by that amount.
Can I do a one-sided G/L entry to A/R? And how do I change the invoice total to the correct amount due?

I am running V. 3.71

Three parts to this.
1.Correct the GL by doing a onesided entry to the AR Account on the Balance Sheet.
2.Verify that the posting of the lines was accomplished correctly, ie.. inventory, cogs, sales etc..
3.If all that is lacking is the Invoice balance in the customer record, you can do an AR invoice Adjustment to bring it into balance. On the lines of the new invoice, make sure that the dollars are going to the AR account. That way you will not undo the one sided journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back