Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rx errors on Extreme summit 48i switch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggiejack

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
Hi everyone. I was does anyone here work with a summit 48i switch? and if so, I am receiving Receiving errors on one of my ports, I dont know where to begin troubleshooting. I did try switching the cable from the workstation to the patch panel, that did not help. Any suggestions?
Thanks

How are you displaying the rx errors?
What sort of rx errors are you getting?

Ok, I figured it out eventually with the help of the net. I had my nic set to Auto detect. We run a 100MB switch with 100MB nics. I guess for some reason, the auto detect does not detect the right speed I guess. I am not sure the logic behind it. I thought that auto negotiate with take care of the nic settings and match it with the switch. Anyway that cleared up my errors, Thanks for your response

That happens, and not just with Extreme. I think that some NICs don't "report" correctly. I had the same issue with Cisco and some Sun servers. Detected at 100/half and had to manually set the ports to 100/full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back