Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RW Catchweight Printing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuito7

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
US
I have Catchweight module from Trinity, I can print dual quantities for my items, weight and cases. For my picking tickets, I have to print the total cases per line, but I also have to print one line (like _______ ) per each case. For example, if the line says 4 cases, I have to print (______ ______ ______ ______). This is very important to us because in those lines the picker is going to write the weight of each individual case. Is there a way in RW that I can do this?

Thanks,

Chuito : )

We have actually done this in Crystal for a customer that is using Trinity's Catchweights. They wanted a lot more additional logic on the Picking Tickets so we didn't even attempt it with Report Writer...went right to Crystal. I cannot see how you would easily be able to do this in RW, because you'd have to dynamically change the number of lines and I do not think that's possible in RW. You could create calculated fields and creatively show/hide them based on the catchweight quantities but that can get ugly really fast. On the other hand, if you usually have no more than a few lines, that might be ok. At least there should be RW functions for Catchweights on the SOP reports. This was not the case for POP and Inventory reports, so we ended up creating them as a Dexterity customization.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2008
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports

I share the opinion that in Crystal it is not a big deeal. But my customer wants to print the picking tickets using dot matrix printers. By your experience, which font should I use to do this report in order to print it in a dot matrix printer.

Jesus M. Cruz Narvaez
Senior IT Consultant
JT Consulting Group, Inc.
jesus@jtconsulting.com

Actually our customer is using the Crystal report we created for them on a dot matrix printer. It did take some effort to get it to work correctly, but I believe the major issue was getting the proper printer drivers for the OS. According to our notes on this we used the Courier New font size 11.

Victoria Yudin

Thanks for your response!!! One more question. Which driver did you use. We have here Okidata printers that can emulate IBM Proprinter III and Epson.

I think that using IBM Proprinter driver should work, but what do you think?

Thanks again.

Jesus M. Cruz Narvaez
Senior IT Consultant
jesus@jtconsulting.com

That's a tough one, since it will be printer and OS specific. Our customer has one new Genicom printer, which was fine with whatever they already had installed, it just worked first time. They also had a very old Panasonic printer, which they could not find any workable drivers for. It had nothing to do with Crystal, it just would not print from GP. If I recall correctly they ended up getting another used Genicom printer and all was well. By the way, they are using our GP Reports Viewer product to print these Crystal reports from GP.

Victoria Yudin

Understood! They are not using your Crystal Viewer for GP yet. I downloaded it and later I'm going to install it in my laptop to test it and recommend it.

Jesus M. Cruz Narvaez
Senior IT Consultant
jesus@jtconsulting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back