Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RVL200 vpn to ASA firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericb123

MIS
Mar 3, 2008
US
Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a corporate Cisco ASA firewall, with the VPN access turned on. On my laptop, I have the Cisco VPN client, and I can log into my ASA with a username/password.

I purchased a Cisco RVL200 vpn appliance, and I was looking to pre-configure it so that it could connect to the ASA automatically and I could give it to an employee and all they would have to do is plug it in to their home internet connection, and then plug in their laptop and it would automatically connect.

However, in the configuration settings on the RVL200, I don't see any settings that correspond with the vpn client that I have on my laptop.

Is this type of set-up possible? ANy help on getting these 2 devices talking is greatly appreciated. THanks!

Post this under the Cisco PIX Firewall or even the VPN thread.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Not like you think. The vpn setup in the ASA that you have now is a remote access vpn. What you are talking about is a site-to-site vpn, which would always be on. What would be easier would be to set your person up with the VPN client on their computer...why do you not want to do that (free) rather than buy something?

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

the thought was to have a "device" that a dept. can share and just take home and plug into, and it would be "always on".

Also, some of the people would be using it just for phone support. We have Cisco IP phones, so I was hoping I could configure it so that someone can just take their IP phone home, plug it into this router, and the phone would connect right to the cisco call manager, just like they were in the office.

thanks!

you should check to see if Cisco has a solution similar to the teleworker that Mitel and other vendors have. You simply hook up the phone to your switch at home (or wirelessly if your phones have the capability) and provide the phone with the gateway ip of the proxy server and you're on line; no need for VPN if you don't want it

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Damn it Uncle, no time for that! You're breaking all the rules!!!

Ha ha... ;)

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

ROFLMAO!!! you got me there man

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back