Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RV082 VPN passthru to LAN computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACGVEYER

MIS
Jul 21, 2003
US
I was able to get two Linksys RV082 to connect a tunnel fine over the internet,and I can ping from each RV082 the others LAN address assigned to the LAN port, but cannot ping pass that port to any servers (or connect to them in any way). I suspect I have a setting incorrect, but have Googled for solutions, and everyone states that it is straight forward, and the tunnel was and is working, but I cannot get data to pass between the networks. The RV082 PPtP is working ok, and I can get data passed thru fine, but I want a tunnel, anyone with any ideas what they had to do to the data flowing?

Is there a firewall on the servers? Also is each location on different subnet (192.168.0.X & 192.168.1.X)? What kind of VPN did you establish, a site to site would be the best solution.

Where are you pinging from; workstation or the RV's interface? We've configured many of them here over the years (mainly because they have a habit of lasting 6 months before failing).

Give us as much information as possible; IP ranges on both sides, the config of both routers, etc.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Sounds like a default gateway issue. Do your LAN boxes use the Linksys as their default gateway? If not does you actual default gateway have routes to the applicable networks via the Linksys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back