Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RV082 Cisco/Linksys Group VPN client issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithank

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
very helful resource here,

I have a similar situation on RV082 ... RV082 at the main building, 4 remote sites on WRV54G, a dozen Cisco GroupVPN clients. All 4 gateway-to-gateway are running (very stable for weeks) except Cisco GroupVPN does not work recently (they were working fine and nothing has changed in term of router and workstation); at this point, when the Cisco GroupVPN connected - it shows activate policy, verifing network but hangs on 'remote gateway ....' (I can see the incoming connection (online status, timer) on the RV082 router that connection can establish, but, encryption process is the prob?)

Setting:
No Group VPN setting, just added user account on the 'VPN Client Access'.
Firmware is 1.1.6.3
2 incoming WAN
most of them are default setting

anyone, please help!

FYI,I am so curious to try out other 3nd party VPN clients as suggested within this forum, I thought I would see anyone may have learned what I am missing on the Cisco's client (strange is, it was working fine for daysssss )

Well, I found the cause .. when I disabled the auto balance for the 2 WAN ports, the Linksys GroupVPN client works fine. However, if so, I lost my WAN2 IP network status - this is not good, then. Any help out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back