Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime memory error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfenwick

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
GB
Hi, I have a 'typical' access database in FE/BE style with some basic VBA coding for form buttons and a few precedures and functions in a module called Public_functions.

I have (obviosuly) made many changes in the code over the development phase without any issues. Now I want to add a few lines of comment to the module public_functions and when I do this and save / recompile it saves OK but on opening the database, I get the folowing message:

'The instruction at "0x6517daaa" referenced memory at "0x00000023". The memory could not be "read".'

Even just putting a new empty line in the code, saving and opening has the same effect.

I have tried reparing and compacting the database but i still get the same error on opening the database.

Any suggestions would be helpfull - thanks

note: I can edit the code in one of the form modules OK - it only seems to be this module

Thanks Remou

That worked great!

(Didnt decrease the filesize as I read about on a few posts after your tip - but it worked and that thats all I needed!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back