Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime error

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLF9375

Technical User
Dec 30, 2010
US
thread223-1146158

Environment: Windows 7 Ultimate, Acrobat 10, IE 8.

When accessing PDF files from a web site using IE 8 I get runtime errors for Microsoft Visual C++ saying the application has terminated in an unusual way.

Accessing PDF files locally is not a problem.

See the link for the exact error message.

Thank you.

Is this happening from just one web site where you're accessing PDF's ? Can you download the file, then open it ?
If so, are the results any different. How about PDF's from other web sites?

Fred Wagner

Thanks for the follow-up Fred.

The problem occurs with any web site.

If I download the file and open it there is no problem.

Howard

Is the box checked for "Disable Script Debugging" in the IE, Tools, Internet Options?

Fred Wagner

Yes. Disable script debugging is checked."

Try opening PDF's from web sites using FireFox and see if the same thing happens. I'm using Acrobat Pro 6, with a bunch of patches. Have you installed the latest updates of Acrobat Pro 10 from Adobe's site ?
Also, in Acrobat 6- Edit, Preferences, Internet -
I have all four boxes checked -
Display PDF in Browser
Check Browser settings when starting Acrobat
Allow Fast Web View
Allow Speculative Downloading in Background.
are yours similar ?

Fred Wagner

Okay with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari.

Yes to other suggestions.

Howard

Problem solved. I am using PitStop Pro. By disabling the plug-in the error message no longer appears.

Glad you found a solution. For a couple of months I had issues at home with IE6 on Win2K and IE8 on Vista-64 not being able to use hotmail and several other sites, all of which worked fine in FireFox. Last week the problem disappeared. Mysteries make life more interesting!

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back