Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'RunTime Error' when launching any games

Status
Not open for further replies.

micgla

MIS
Sep 13, 2001
US
Help!!!

When ever I attempt to run a game (MOHAA) or anygame for that matter I receive an error message that states 'Runtime Error' The error message then lists the path to the programs executable.The bottom most line in the error states 'abnormal program termination' The entire error message is displayed inside a display box labeled 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library'.
This has only started since I installed a new video card (Ge Force FX 5600 EQ). I have updated to all new patches for the OS and the most current bios. I have the most current video driver loaded. The darn thing has me very frustrated. The tech guys where I bought the card say its an operating system problem but cannot help me. Please can anyone give me some help with this problem. thanks

Install "DirectX9"...

"OSO ZEIS, MATHAINEIS"... [morning]

I forgot to mention that I am using direct x9b. Still no game functionality.

Do a full dxdiag test and see if there are any screwy results from that testing.

This might be the problem:
It seems to have happened again with some very recent games. Note you have to be Administrator, not a user with Administrator priviliges to use certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back