Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

runtime error - abnormal program termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

westfall

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
US
I've had a Dell computer for three months with no problem. But here is the message I got halfway through a long letter I was typing in Microsoft Word:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime error. Program:C\Program files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\Winword.exe abnormal program termination.
I lost the entire letter. How can I solve the problem? And do you suggest contacting Dell or Microsoft for help? I'm a relatively inexperienced user. Any help would be appreciated.

First of all, you're using Microsoft products LOL - secondly, it's always best to keep hitting that save button.

All programs suffer from such stuff occassionally. The only relevance to this forum is the fact that the error message mentions the C++ library which I believe C++ is what Word was written in originally. It's not something a programmer here can cure for you - it's something you should take up with Microsoft.
tellis.gif

[sup]programmer (prog'ram'er), n A hot-headed, anorak wearing, pimple-faced computer geek.[/sup]​

Thanks, gednick; I'll try Microsoft

Hi Billmac:
Did removing "Works in Word Suite Add-in", as was suggested by Microsoft, solve the problem for you?

I was having the same problem and uninstalled the "Works in Word Suite Add-in" It worked for me! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back