Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime Error 9060

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniferlynn

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
GB
Hello!
Can someone please help me!

I work in Technical Support, supporting a VB6 application and I have a user who has a problem that is mystifying me!

He already had our software loaded onto his PC and we send out regular updates. He updated using the latest CD that we sent him and since then he says he cannot use the email or internet functions on the software. I find it very hard to believe that the software has anything to do with the problem.

There are two functions that he is trying to use.

When trying to email through his NTL Broadband connection, he receives the following message:

"Cause when GET, HEAD, POST or PUT methods are used within a timeout parameter."

He also gets this same message when trying to use the internet update function on the software, accompanied by a "Runtime error 9060" message.

He also has a dial up connection and when trying to email through this connectio he gets the following message:

"Attempt to connect to the Server failed"

He has Zonealarm on his PC and I have disabled this which makes no impact on the situation.

He is using Windows XP.

I have tried so many steps!!! He insists that with the previous version it was fine and this has only happened since he loaded our new software.

If anyone can please help me it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you
x

Jennifer,

Run time error 9060 is apparently an Access Violation under windows NT.

Check out
Can he access the web? Sounds to me like his whole access is down - could be something to discuss with his ISP perhaps? Before that, you might want to check is dial up settings for anything obvious...

mmilan

Hi mmilan,

He can access the web although there are a few websites he cannot access. For example, to check the internet connection I always ask the user to go to our company website. When he tries to access this through NTL Broadband he is told that the page cannot be displayed. However if I ask him to go to our secure site, same address just using https he can access this one...very strange!

I got this information from him:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : laptop

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (Network Bridge) 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Liberty

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : MAC Bridge Miniport

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E2-D9-CD-02-B8-EC

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 19 August 2004 08:18:30

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 19 January 2038 04:14:07

But this doesn't seem to indicate any problems at all.

It's all very strange!

Any more ideas?

The email account he's sending from - is he connecting through the same ISP?

I have found is the past at some email servers will only allow connections from their own ISP... (a wise policy)

I think maybe I should clarify something. Basically the function he is using we call "Emailing" but basically what they are doing is sending xml through https. Therefore the software doesn't actually require an email address, just the internet connection....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back